Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Big Ear #2

July 9, 2013
Big Ear #2 (right side)

I can't believe the time has come for Big Ear #2.  It has been 5 months since Sam had surgery for her first big ear.  Dr. Reinisch kept telling me that this time should be easier because I will know what to expect.  He was right that I knew what to expect, but I can't say it was any easier on me!  As for Sam, she handled it like a champ...even getting a piggy back ride on the Anesthesiologist back to the OR.  


Here is the last picture we took of her little right ear.  We always called it her "little heart" because that's what the little tab looked like to us.  


Family picture (minus Ella) as we head into the Surgery Center.  


My beautiful little girl.  Cool, calm and collected as she waited pre-op!

Surgery went well.  It was a little shorter than the first ear surgery, but still a very long day.  We were the first ones in the surgery center and the last to leave! 


No comments:

Post a Comment